Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mormon Mommy Bloggers


  • Having a baby changes life dramatically. From dirty diapers, waking up at 3 a.m, getting spit up all over you and having no time to take a shower many moms and dads have to say goodbye to their former carefree baby life.  
  • In the Mormon culture and in recent years many Mormon mother's have resorted to blogging as a stress reliever or way to communicate with other mother's.
  • Olivia Gunnell a new mother enjoys sharing her stories of being a mom.
  • "I love motherhood and want other women to know the joys of it and have a desire to experience it themselves," Gunnell said. "There are too many women choosing not to have families today and I don't think they realize the happiness they are missing out on."
  • Gunnell hopes that her stories will inspire other women and give them hope to have kids someday.
  • "I want women to not be so scared about the experience or the changes motherhood brings because since I've become a mother I don't know if I've ever been happier (besides meeting and marrying my husband)," Gunnell said. "It's a different kind of happiness that is impossible to fully understand until you're experiencing it yourself."
  • Blogging in recent months has helped Gunnell to see her potential as a mother and has inspired her to be her best self.
  • "Blogging has helped me have a perspective on motherhood," Gunnell said. "It has helped me separate the good from the bad and realize there is much more good. It helps me to not take any time with my daughter for granted. Reading other mommy blogs helps me feel like I'm not alone in this crazy journey."
  • Hillary Dobbins who recently had her first baby in August loves being a mom. She has recently become a blogger and posts weekly to her blog.
  • Dobbins finds blogging to be a stress reliever and looks at it as her new hobby.
  • "I feel that blogging is a personal outlet and I believe that mom's need to make time for themselves," Dobbins said.
  • Finding time to blog can be difficult between her daily activities. When Dobbins finds the time to blog she usually spends a couple minutes to an hour typing what inspires her. She recommends that all moms find something personal they like doing to prevent losing their personal identity.
    • "Find one thing that you like," Dobbins said. "It makes a big difference in your ability to care for your baby since you still feel like you have your own identity."


No comments:

Post a Comment